Monday, May 21, 2012

Day After The Eclipse


“It can be argued that a human is ultimately the sum of his experiences.” -Benjamin Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Some may find it a little tacky to quote a science fiction character from a TV show that has been off the air for thirteen years now, but I cannot think of a better saying to begin this literary experiment.

I was born and raised in San Francisco California, went to school here and now work here. I developed a love for science in high school and took that passion to college where I was able to acquire a degree in Biology. I have been working in Biology for the past 6 year now implementing my experiences into cell biology studying viral assembly pathways.

I was born into a family of creativity; my mother (Betsy) is an exceedingly skilled fabric artist and designer, my father is an inventor brainstorming new better ways to improve human life, and my sister (Lauren) is an extraordinary photographer and artist. Me I am an archer, scientist (clearly), self proclaimed nerd, bit of an artist, sporadic inventor, photographer, to name a few. I think it is quite apparent the family influence shines brightly on me.

My love of science has influenced me to think critically and to take nothing at face value. I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see”; if people acknowledged this simple philosophy the world would be a very different place. For this reason I am neither liberally nor conservatively oriented; my views are based on world experiences, logic and the morality of the human spirit. 

KAOM,


7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to read more! Thanks for the shout out Shmat!
    Love You! -Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME!! I can't wait to read all of your forthcoming posts. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this post wasn't really about the eclipse? What a tease, I-Bro!

    And what's the Kansas Association of Osteopathic Medicine have to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. KAOM = Keep An Open Mind, Veg Lab Rat

    ReplyDelete